Monday, April 23, 2007

Muley Point, Moqui or Mokee Dugway

One of my beer drinking friends Seiko told me that Muley Point was a must-go place if I would go to Monument Valley. So, after spending ample hours in Monument Valley, I decided to drive to Muley Point. Taking US Route 163 heading north for few hours, passing the San Juan River and the City of Mexican Hat, we got to the three-way intersection of US Route 163 and UT Route 261.

(the three-way intersection of US Route 163 and UT Route 261 ^ )
Going up to a dirt road and then arrived at Muley Point.
The scenery from there was magnificent. Comparing to the Grand Canyon, it was rather wide and flat. We met tourists from Colorado and had a conversation with them about the outstanding view and each ones travel. I believed I got to Mule Point.

But, after coming back to Japan, I checked Muley Point on the web and found out that I got to Mokee Dugway instead of Muley Point! It's too late to find it out. Muley Point is just few miles away from Mokee Dugway. Muley Point and Mokee Dugway are different places each other. How silly I was! (;_;)

No comments: