Thursday, April 26, 2007

Good Morning on the 5th Day in the States

We left Mokee Dugway heading for South Lake Powell. About 300km driving brought us to the hotel we planed to stay in Page, AZ in the evening. We went to Burger King next to the hotel and finished dinner. Then moved to a nearby gas station, filled up gas to our car, came back to the hotel and immediately fell in sound a sleep on the 4th day in the States.

We got up in the next morning rather late, and had light breakfast. Our 5th day in the States started with this colorful bowl of cereal with milk, coffee and apples.

I like a room facing the east for getting morning sunshine. Sunlight helped me to ease my jetlag.
Lake Powell is famous for many tourist attractions. But, because of our limited time, we skipped most of them and chose only two places, shopping at WAL-MART and visiting Horseshoe Bend.



A leisure boat at the bottom of Horseshoe Bend disappeared in few minutes while we were watching.
A picture of the whole view of Hoseshoe Bend follows.
Thank you, lizard for showing up.
We didn't go to Antelope Canyon. It's located near Page, just outside the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. I linked movie site of Antelope Canyon. The narration of the movie is spoken in Japanese, but it is worth viewing.

2 comments:

Anskov said...

Ray, I am enjoying your pictures of the American west. The bowl of Fruit Loops cereal reminded me of home. I've been enjoying exploring Beijing - what a fascinating city.

godzilla_rabbit said...

Now, I miss that Fruit Loops cereal coming back in Japan.
I hope somebody invent colorful sticky Natto for my breakfast.

Matt, Please enjoy being in China!