Sunday, April 08, 2007

Beginning of Our Journey

We came back from the States the day before yesterday safely.
Our journey to the US began with boarding the United Airlines 747 jet on March 22.
My first impression of its cabin equipment was nothing but “Very Old.” For example, cabin attendants pull down movie screen by hands and all passengers watch the same movie at the same time. This must be the practice of few generations ago. JAL, ANA and American Airlines, I used last ten years, had cargos in which all passengers seats had its own TV display and they could watch and select a movie when they wanted to. No weekly magazines were in the cabin and meals were very light. I think this is the way they cut down every extra expense to achieve cheaper airfare.
One round trip tickets between Japan and the States cost me about sixty thousands yen including tax and fuel surcharge. It was the cheapest I could find.
I saw the American Continent thirty minutes before landing for the first time in five years.

No comments: