Sunday, April 29, 2007

Bryce Canyon Part1

We arrived at Bryce Canyon in Utah in the afternoon on the 5th day of our journey in the States. There were fifteen viewing points there. We visited all points spending this day and the next day. Bryce Canyon was the second US national park for us; the first one was the Grand Canyon. Scenery in Bryce Canyon was quite different from that of the Grand Canyon. For entrance fees, we had already paid $80 at the Grand Canyon office for a one-year-valid all US national park pass. I thought, at the beginning, that $80 was very expensive because we could use the pass only three national parks during only two week trip. But, after seeing around splendid scenery of Bryce Canyon, I was gradually changing my mind.
Not only for spectacular scenery, the two national parks were well maintained, offering free parking space, good tourist information such leaflets, signboards and even several free museums. I thought $80 deserved even for a short period, two national park visitors.
Talking about Japanese national parks, they don't ask us entrance fees as far as I know.
What do you think that the government or the local government asks us entrance fees and they maintain those parks better? Isn't it better for preserving our heritage?

Aside from viewing points, there were many Under-the-Rim Trails in Bryce Canyon.
Only Rina and I together went walking along the trails, as my wife Kiyono was a bit acrophobia and my elder daughter Emi was a bit lazy girl.
I was raising my left hand in the picture with Rina. --^
We sometimes met tourists on trails. The couple we met was from Korea.
We took pictures of each other. The picture that the Korean guy kindly took us there on the trail follows.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome shots, loved the youtube video. Those are some amazing sites.