Friday, May 11, 2007

Westlake / MacArthur Park and Universal Studios, 10th Day in the States

We stayed at Quality Inn Los Angeles, which located 10 minutes walk to Westlake/ MacArthur Park Station in Downtown LA.
There were at least two types of areas in Downtown.
One type was the town around 7th Street/Metro Center Station.
There were high buildings, four-stars-hotels like Marriott and Sheraton, museums and big department stores like Macy's. They were clean and sophisticated.

The other type was the town around Westlake/MacArthur Park Station, we stayed, next to 7th Street/ Metro Center Station.
There were many small shops, supermarkets, peddlers, beggars, old apartments, woman's screams at finding a rat running (we saw it too) and guys sitting aimlessly on the streets. One of beggars asked me money on the streets at night when I was out for cans of beer.

I traveled many developing countries like Burma, Nepal, Indonesia, India and Thailand. Latter part of Downtown in LA was seemed like a part of those developing countries. I like both types of towns and it must have been a good experience for my daughters to see them.


The picture was taken near Westlake/MacArthur Park Station. In the background, you see high buildings near 7th Street/ Metro Center Station.
You can find the red entrance of Westlake/MacArthur Park Station on the right of the picture.

-----------Universal Studios------------------------------------------------
To talk about Universal Studios, it was pretty good as I had imagined. I enjoyed there but watching my kids’ faces with joy satisfied me more. I believed I was a good dad for them in the Studios.








No comments: