Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Way to Zion National Park, 6th Day in the States

After spending the 6th day morning in the States, we left Bryce Canyon and headed to Zion. Zion was the third and the final national park of our year 2007 travel. Bryce Canyon and Zion National Park were not far away; distance was only 120km. So, we dropped in many places and took lots of pictures as usual. The only regret was that we could not book a nearby hotel to Zion; the hotel was located in Hurricane, about 40km away from Zion. We planed to go to Zion for two days. So, I should have looked for a closer hotel and booked earlier.


I saw those wheels in the picture in many places. Does anyone know what those wheels are? Why were those placed near the ranch? How do they use them?





Way out from Hwy 9 just east of the Tunnel, Rina and I went an hour hiking to the Canyon Overlook trail. It was a great little hike, well worth the effort. At this vista, we could overlook scenic lower Zion Canyon.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, i'm Nick from Germany!
I've found your blog, if i searchin' informations about muley point. Very nice! Wonderful photos. Sorry, your english is really better then my english ;-)

Your ask, what about the wheels in the near of the ranches. they are water-pipes! the farmer can put it together and roll the whole pipeline across the fields!
i hope, i could help you!

Many greetings from Germany!

P.S.: I like Japan! I was there in 1999! It's so beautiful!

godzilla_rabbit said...

Thank you Nick for telling me.
I finally got it.

When you come to Utsunomiya, Japan, let me know. I'll show you around Utsunomiya.
(^^)

Ray.