Monday, May 14, 2007

Los Aageles to Anaheim, 11th Day in the States

After strolling around Downtown LA, I realized that I didn't have enough cash left with me. I had to pay bus fare of my family to go to Disneyland, so I withdrew $100 cash from a nearby bank.
We fetched our luggage and got on the Metro Bus to Anaheim. It took 1.5 hours from Downtown LA to Anaheim. I had thought it would cost about $50 for four members.
But everything of the Metro Bus system was different from I had imagined.

1. You don't have to book a seat nor buy a ticket in advance.
2. Fares are very cheap, especially a long distance ride.
3. They don't accept any credit card. (When I asked a bus driver, he laughed at me aloud!)
4. They don't give any change. (I inserted a bill into the machine in the bus and asked change, but he also said, "I’m a driver so I do not have money or change.")
5. One day ticket is very cheap. You can use it in both subways and buses for the day.


Bus ride was not so comfortable but enough bearable for a two-hour-ride. As I had been always a driver of Audi A4, just watching passengers in the bus (not driving) was interesting. I really enjoyed the ride. But there were no other foreign tourists like us. I thought most of them used a taxi on that route.
We were going to stay "Super 8 Motel at the Park", Anaheim for three nights and four days. Before coming to Anaheim, I was worried a bit about the hotel because it was the longest stay in this journey.The bus we got on was to go to Anaheim by way of Knotts Berry Farm.I just glanced at roller coasters while passing by Knotts Berry Farm, kept on riding and arrived at the final destination of our journey Anaheim in the evening.

It was five o'clock but still bright and warm enough to swim in the swimming pool at our hotel. After talking with the friendly hotel manager and checking in the comfortable room, my worries disappeared quickly. While we were swimming, a police car came and parked beside the hotel entrance. Even we went out for dinner and came back to the hotel, the police car was still parked. My curiosity brought me to the hotel front desk and I asked the hotel manager about the police.The manager told me, "The police came to arrest Jack." Jack was standing next to the hotel manger and laughing.I didn't ask more, went out the hotel front house and took a couple of pictures.
(I'm not 100% sure that his name was Jack. Sorry if it's wrong.)

No comments: