Monday, November 03, 2008

Culture Day / 17th Wedding Anniversary







Today on November 3rd is a national holiday of Culture Day in Japan and also our 17th wedding anniversary. (^_^)

My wife and I went to Utsunomiya Museum of Art to see paintings and art works.
They are having a special exhibition of Leonard Foujita with whom I’m not familiar in the Museum. My wife seemed to enjoy seeing his paintings very much.

The museum has several paintings of Marc Chagall. Among all of the museum’s collections, I like his painting of “Les amoureux en bleu” or “The blue lovers” the best.

There are a small library and a souvenir shop in the museum. I found a book in which my favorite artist Ishida Tetsuya’s paintings were collected. His paintings are always very impressive. Seeing his works were fun to me.

It was cool and calm day today. I was satisfied with spending today for seeing art works and beautiful scenery around the museum.
Culture day!
.
.

No comments: