Sunday, May 25, 2008

Keita Comes to My Home

My friend Michel, his wife Yoshiko and their five-month-old son Keita came home today. We had wonderful afternoon together with my wife and two daughters. They’ve visited Japan since two weeks ago. They traveled several places from Fukushima to Himeji and they are going to leave Japan for Canada the day after tomorrow.
We talked about a lot of things. One of amazing things to me is the difference of maternity and parental leave term between Japan and Canada. They have longer and more flexible term sharing system of the leave among the couples in Canada.
Recently, birth rate is decreasing year by year in Japan. I’m wondering, sometimes, what kind of measures the Japanese government takes to cope with that.
Anyway, talking with people from another country always gives me fresh idea. Thanks Michel for sharing nice time with us.




No comments: