Sunday, April 13, 2008

Kamagawa River in Utsunomiya

I went to the Kamagawa River in the center of Utsunomiya to take pictures of cherry blossoms yesterday. The Kamagawa River is not big, just few meters wide and less than 10 km long. There are cherry trees along the river and carps live in the river.
Since we had windy and rainy days last weekday, part of cherry blossoms have been blown away. I show some of pictures I took there.




When I went to the Kamagawa River, shop owners near the river were selling vegetables and giving out flowers for free near the riverside. I bought fresh vegetables and luckily had a pot of yellow poppy.
The poppy is on the new PC desk, which I bought at Yamashin discount shop today. The desk was buyer-self-assemble type. My daughter Rina enjoyed assembling the desk very much with me.

4 comments:

Chris in Orlando said...

beautiful pics

godzilla_rabbit said...

Thanks Chris.

Anonymous said...

Indeed. The Kamagawa river looks very beautiful. So many colors in one place, amazing. I'd bet the Cherry blossom smell was great. Here in Florida when the Orange trees blossom it creats such a wonderful scent that I don't want to go back inside! Neat little desk. Mine is cluttered and I need to clean it off. If I put a plant on mine it would surely die.

godzilla_rabbit said...

Thanks decibel182,
Funny, lol. (^o^)