Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hanamizuki Festival in Utsunomiya

I went to Hanamizuki Festival today. Hanamizuki is the name of trees, which bloom in late April after the cherry blossom season in Utsunomiya. The flowers are now in full bloom in my city. White and bright pink flowers are really beautiful.

The main stage of the festival was just about 100 meter distance or few minutes walk from my condo. I enjoyed the festival today, last year and the year before the last.

There were flea markets, talk shows, dance shows, band performances, a stamp rally game and a lot of food stalls.
The most popular event of the festival is Trial Bike Show. It’s fun to watch the live motorbike show just in front of the performance. It’s a little bit dangerous. lol

Hanamizuki: Cornus florida / Flowering Dogwood


2 comments:

Sheinnandhosh said...

Ooh, cherry blossoms, I love them. Once I wrote a little story wich started with cherry blossoms.

I've heard a lot of this festival (you see, it appears in lots of animes) but never saw actually how it really was.
I have to go japan someday...

godzilla_rabbit said...

There are lots of festivals in Japan all year around from big cities to local towns.
When you come, never miss checking and visiting festivals.
:-)