Monday, August 13, 2007

Scorching Summer in Utsunomiya, Japan


It is said that the Utsunomiya castle was burnt down in 1868 as a result of the war between the government forces at that time and the anti-government forces. Recently, a group of citizens were driving the reconstruction of the part of the castle and it was finished this year.

As I haven’t visited there so far, I decided to go to the newly reconstructed castle with Rina.

I had thought it would be crowded since most of Japanese companies and schools were in summer holidays this week. But luckily it was not.

I took pictures and enjoyed walking in a burning hot day. We stayed in the castle park for a couple of hours and, on our way back home, we ate cups of ice candy together.

I love this burning Japanese summer!

This hole is for shooting arrows.





I guess this hole is for gun shooting.







Yummy, ice candy. It's the "Summer delight!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I also love the hot, humid Japanese summers with beer gardens, summer festivals, hanabi, kaki gori, the smell of katori senko, cold beer and edamame, and a fan with a slight breeze outside making the wind chimes sound beautiful.

Thank you for the memories.

Pachipro

godzilla_rabbit said...

Thanks Pachipro,

Yes, wind chimes sound beautifully.
In addition to what you said, I like Japanese summers with,
Uchiwa fan made from bamboo, women in Yukata, Soumen noodles, and watermelon …

Ray