Sunday, August 19, 2007

Camping in Ibaraki Prefecture

I went camping with my family to Ajigaura beach in Ibaraki prefecture last Wednesday. I was able to take a lot of pictures of the beach side and the Pacific Ocean view. The route from Tochigi to Ibaraki was not crowded; it was an enjoyable three-hour-driving.

But, as far as camping, it became the toughest one for me. Why was it? Because it was too hot both day and night. Can you imagine four people are sleeping in one tent at 33 degree centigrade (92 Fahrenheit) without an air conditioner or fans. Furthermore, you were kicked and hit by kids every hour and enduring continuous mosquito bites.

What is worse, I suffered from diarrhea due to drinking tap water at the camping site. I’ve almost recovered from it but I don’t have enough appetite yet. I knew Ibaraki was hotter than Utsunomiya but I couldn’t imagine that much.

My Recommendation
Simple. It’s better to avoid camping on too hot day! Or, you can’t sleep.

Do you have any recommendation on hot day camping?








4 comments:

Anskov said...

Great camping pictures. I went camping last weekend - be sure to check out the pics on my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics and summary of your experience. I also prefer to not camp during the humid summer in Japan. I preferred it in the spring or fall when it was easy to sleep without the mosquitos biting all night.

Anonymous said...

Previous comment was from Pachipro. Maybe I should become a member?

godzilla_rabbit said...

Thanks Pachipro,

Camping in hot humid summer must be the last choice to do.
It’s seems like sleeping in a sauna bath with mosquitoes.

Ray