Sunday, March 07, 2010

Hina Dolls Wait For A Display.

Most Japanese families having girls celebrate Hinamatsuri Festival on March 3rd by displaying Hina dolls at their homes. We have not been an exception of it for seventeen years since our elder daughter was born.

But, we were very busy handling a lot of chores last couple of weeks. So, we haven’t displayed Hina dolls this year.

One of headaches is water leakage from the wall of our condominium. We had to move tons of goods in one room to the other for repairing the wall.

The construction workers are scheduled to come again tomorrow. They said it would take more three to four days to complete. Sigh…

I took the picture a few years ago. The doll is now in a dark closet with other dolls, waiting for being displayed again, maybe, one year later.
-

1 comment:

Walter said...

What a lovely picture ! Too bad about your wall. Water seeping in from outside can be a pain to solve. I had a wall in my house and a chimney that kept leaking in very windy and wet weather 7 years ago, till I waterproofed it. I haven't had a drop since, even though I should renew the proofing every 4-5 years.