Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Final Day Of My Tennis Club Has Come.

I have been playing tennis two to three times a week for twelve years on the top of a building. But, the tennis courts are going to be closed in the end of this month due to lack of members.

It is said that Japanese economy hit the bottom and is now on the way of recovering. Do you think it is recovering? I doubt it.

The close of the tennis courts shocked me and other members very much. My tennis coach will be laid off in three days and have to find a new job. I guess finding a new job at his age is not easy. So, I can’t help sympathizing him.

I’m now thinking to take a rest of playing tennis for a couple of weeks and start a tennis-club-hunting in the middle of April.

Perhaps, playing tennis in the new place with new members could be fun to me in a sense.

Left: Me      Right: Tennis Coach, Mr. Yuzuki

Center: Me, Back Left: Ms. & Mr. Soma, Back Center: Mr. Yuzuki, Back second from the right: Mr. Nakagawa, Back Right: Hikaru or son of Mr. Yuzuki
-

1 comment:

Walter said...

I'm really sorry to hear that your club closes after so many years.
I hope you and your fellow club members find another club soon.