Sunday, July 29, 2007

How do I spend this summer?

I made it a rule to take a week off and go back to my hometown Shimane with my family members from the end of July to early August. But, I gave up doing so this year. Because, I took already two weeks off last April for traveling in the States and my elder daughter is busy to study for a high school entrance exam. She goes to a cram school twice a week. But, during summer vacation of her school, she goes five times a week.
I love spending summer season in Shimane very much but I can’t do this year. I should decide an alternative way to spend this summer… Maybe, it’ll be a camping or swimming in Tochigi.

Today is the day of upper house election. After voting, I went to company’s tennis court with Rina who was my younger daughter. Though she joined an athletic club in her junior high, she is still practicing tennis at neighbor tennis school once a week. I rarely play tennis with her. Maybe, last time I played with her was more than a year ago. We had a good time and I think it could be a good practice for her today.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ray for publishing a fine blog. I'm enjoying very much reading your daily experiences and thoughts in Japan and it makes me feel at "home" again as I can experience Japan through your eyes and experiences like the earthquake, the rainy season and a rainy day in Tokyo. I will enjoy reading your blog for many days to come.

When you answered my post on Sushicam I thought you were a foreigner. Today I decided to click on your name and it brought me to your blog and I discover that you are Japanese. My what a small world we live in! Douzo yoroshiku.

One of these days during my visit to Japan or when I move back permanently in a couple of years I will gladly buy you a beer at the "coziest pub in Utsunomiya"!

Pachipro

godzilla_rabbit said...

Thanks Pachipro for visiting my blog and the warm comment. I’m looking forward to the day we drink a toast (do a Kanpai) at Utsunomiya.

A Link to Your Post and My Comment; #13.

Ray