Monday, July 16, 2007

Earthquake Strikes on Marine Day

Today, the 3rd Monday of July is Marine Day, one of the national holidays in Japan.
This consecutive three days holiday became a terrible one for many Japanese.
First, we had a typhoon on Saturday and Sunday. I booked my company's tennis court but canceled it again. I think many had to give up their well-planed schedules.

Furthermore, a big earthquake struck in Niigata area today. Many TV programs have been rescheduled to news programs reporting earthquake distressed area since this morning. I feel sorry for the victims.

How have I spent this weekend? I was doing netsurfing for long time lazily. The only good news is that one of my friends Michel living in Canada will have a baby in the end of this year. Congratulations Michel and Yoshiko!
I took these three pictures in Atami two years ago. I looked for pictures of the sea commemorating for Marine Day, but I don’t have many. Do you know why? ... Since I live in Tochigi… lol

No comments: