Sunday, November 13, 2011

Kikusui-Sai Festival



The other day, I happened to meet an autumn festival called Kikushui-Sai near my condominium. I’ve lived in Utsunomiya city for more than fifteen years, but it’s the first time for me to see the splendid autumn festival.

Many people wearing traditional samurai clothes marched with horses in the central Utsunomiya city. It’s very beautiful and they held mind boggling Yabusame practices.


Yabusame is a traditional Japanese mounted archery in which an archer on a running horse shoots wooden targets.


Why haven’t I seen the festival for years?


1 comment:

cuteandcurls said...

What is the festival about Ray? I love how colorful the costumes are but what amuses me is the first last photo where the men wear the traditional attire but wearing a bowler's hat so a mix of east and west is seen :)