Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Party with My Colleagues

I had a party for welcoming a new comer to our department in my office last Friday. The restaurant just one minute from JR Utsunomiya station is famous for serving chicken dishes from Miyazaki prefecture. We had the party there. Miyazaki is now getting attentions for its bird flu infected chickens. The farmers there are unwillingly killing tens of thousands of chickens to prevent from spreading the disease across Japan, according to news reports.

The first dish they served was raw chicken meet. The colleagues seemed to enjoy eating the food, but I did not.
The guy who planed the party told me that he had decided the restaurant before the news of the bird flue were reported.
I thought he could have ample chances to change the place after hearing the news.

I didn’t enjoy the food but had a nice time talking and drinking with my colleagues.

1 comment:

cuteandcurls said...

The restaurant sure is taking a risk serving chicken that is infected with the bird flu and your friends sure are brave enough to eat raw chicken meat too. I couldnt :)