Monday, September 20, 2010

Track And Field 800-Meter Race

Rina won the women’s track and field 800-meter race the day before yesterday.
Congratulations Rina!
But, she told me that some skilled athletes did not come to the race and that’s the reason why she was able to win the race.

Judging from the time record, it seems true in certain way. She earned the time record of 2 minutes 33 seconds this time, but she ran at the record of 2 minutes 27 seconds one year ago.

She has become taller, bigger and heavier these days. As many female teenage-athletes feel, I guess, Rina feels it hard to beat her own time record at her younger age.


By the way, the third Monday of September is a national holiday ‘ Respect-for-the-Aged Day’ in Japan. We should honor and show respect to the aged today.

But, forgetting everything about the respect-for-the-aged day, I played tennis with my friends in northern resort area of Tochigi prefecture today.

I was happy to be able to play tennis in such a beautiful mountain resort and refresh myself.
-

No comments: