Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kuri Gohan / Autumnal Equinox Day




September 23, it's Autumnal Equinox Day today and Japanese national holiday.
My tennis friend, Mr. Kobayashi gave me dozens of chestnuts the day before yesterday.
So, I cooked Kuri Gohan or 'boiled rice with chestnuts' with my wife Kiyono.

I had bought peeled chestnuts when I cooked Kuri Gohan last time. But this time, chestnuts wore hard skin.
Though it took longer time for preparing or peeling chestnuts' skin, cooking delicious food was fun to me.

My family members all enjoyed the beginning of the autumn season by eating autumn delight.
The recipe of Kuri Gohan
Peel the chestnuts.
Cut some vegetables.
Rinse four cups of rice.
Put them into a rice cooker with water.
Put some soy sauce, sugar and one spoon of liquor.
Turn the cooker's switch ON.
Wait for about an hour.
Then, yummy Kuri Gohan will be ready.



No comments: