Sunday, March 22, 2009

My Travel Agency Bankrupts

I have been very busy preparing for coming trip to the U.S. We leave Japan March 26th and come back April 7th.

In the midst of these busy days, a terrible thing happened to me.
My travel agency bankrupted last Monday and all workers in the office disappeared.
The office has been locked since then and the telephone line has been always busy.

I had to give up our air tickets to the States. They cost almost $4,000.
I found the bankruptcy more than one week before our departure day, so I could buy air tickets again for $5,000. The $4,000 will not come back to me, sigh.

I found on the web that some customers of the agent went to Narita airport and found that all airlines’ reservations were cancelled because the travel agent had not paid the money.

The $4,000 is heavy on me but I’m lucky I don’t have to give up the trip.
-

No comments: