Sunday, January 18, 2009

New Year’s Holidays

Buildings in Shinjuku.
I went to the condominium of my parents-in-law with my family during the New Year’s holidays.

We did shopping on January 1st in Odaiba Tokyo Bay area. My wife and my daughters like buying New Year’s lucky bags; they are called Fukubukuro in Japan.
Shop owners make Fukubukuro filled with random contents and sell them for a substantial discount. People buy bags without knowing the exact contents.

I also went to Shinjyuku where the office of Tokyo metropolitan government is located. I like walking around Shinjyuku and taking pictures of high rise buildings.

Emi and Rina received Otoshidama or money in a small envelop from my brother-in-law. Japanese people have a custom of giving money to children. They were excited about thinking of what they wanted to buy.
From the Left: Emi, brother-in-law Masashi and Rina.
Emi and Rina are showing an enelop of Otoshidama.
-
-

No comments: