Monday, January 12, 2009

Happy Birthday To Rina!

Rina and Emi are posing before noodle soup.
Rina brought back lots of presents.
Rina, my younger daughter had a birthday on January 8th. She has become fourteen years old. I asked her if there was something special she wanted as a birthday present. But, so far, she hasn’t told me any. So, I haven’t bought her birthday present yet but just promised to buy one when she decides.

On the contrary, Emi, elder daughter never misses to ask me a present a few weeks before her birthday. Even Emi and Rina have grown up in the same family, their personalities are quite different.

Few days ago, Rina brought back lots of birthday presents from her school. She told me that the presents were from her classmates or friends of the same track and field club. She was very pleased to have gotten so much.

We went to a noodle soup shop “Kyushu Ichiban” yesterday to celebrate both her birthday and the silver medal she had gotten at Utsunomiya Marathon last year. I think that “Kyushu Ichiban” is one of the best noodle shops in Utsunomiya. The taste of the white soup is really excellent.
If you have chance to visit Utsunomiya, never miss eating at “Kyushu Ichiban.”
-
-

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Happy Birthday to Rina. I'm 23, but looking at those gifts makes me feel really old. I cannnot remember the last time I saw some of those things.

And that soup does look good. I googled "Kyushu Ichiban" to learn more about the soup and your post showed up. Unbelievable.

godzilla_rabbit said...

Thanks Mike,
You are still young. lol
If you have a blog site or an web page, let me know.