Monday, October 08, 2007

Today is Health and Sports Day in Japan.

Today is Health and Sports Day or Sports Day. It's a national holiday in Japan. It’s held annually on the second Monday in October. It commemorates the opening of the 1964 Summer Olympics being held in Tokyo, and exists to promote sports and an active lifestyle.

I was born in 1959, so I was five years old then. To tell you the truth, I don't remember the live Tokyo Olympics. Of course I know many famous scenes of the Tokyo Olympics, but most of them are scenes I watched on TV after the event.

Anyway, in spite of Health and Sports Day today, I haven't done any sport today. Even I didn't go anywhere outside my condo, just stayed home. I got up late and had late breakfast. Then I made a video of pictures I took yesterday in Kanuma, Tochigi prefecture. This time, I used “Photo Story 3 for Windows” instead of “Windows Movie Maker.” One of my web friends, Pachipro recommended it. It is quite fast, easy to use and capable with enough functions to make videos. Thanks Pachipro.

I still have had a slight backache since few months ago. I wonder I can recover the pain completely. Many athletes have some troubles on the part of their body. Professional athletes sometimes should retire in their early age. Luckily I'm not a pro-athlete. I want to continue sports like biking, climbing, playing tennis and skiing more several decades. lol

Autumn sceneries in Kanuma, Tochigi prefecture follow,

No comments: