Monday, February 05, 2007

Michel, Matt, Rina and I went to Daikura Ski Resort.

I went to Daikura Ski Resort with Rina, Michel and Matt. It was the first time to go skiing in this season. From my middle twenties to early thirties, I went skiing ten to twenty days in average in one season. Niigata, Nagano, Tochigi, Fukushima and sometimes I went to Hokkaido just for skiing. But I almost quit skiing after my marriage; I went skiing only four times in last fifteen years including yesterday. I bought these ski boards I was wearing twenty-two years ago, veeeeery old. No skiers wear such old boards anymore but they are still perfect conditions for me, so I can’t complain anything about them. I want to use them another twenty years! Which do you think will give up skiing earlier, I or the ski boards?
Michel left, Rina middle and Matt right are standing a little away from Shirakaba Triple Lift station. From that point, there are two beginners’ down hill courses.
We had a lunch in a restaurant near parking lot. Rina is wearing a ticket for lifts dated Feb. 4th, 2007. It’s two days before my birthday: smile.
It was snowing from the morning to the evening, but finally at the last moment, God cleared the sky for few minutes and gave me a chance to take pictures of nice mountain scenes.

2 comments:

Anskov said...

Ray, thanks again for taking such great pictures! It was a great day, wasn't it?

godzilla_rabbit said...

Greeeeeaaat day.
I wanna ski at least once in a season!