Monday, July 20, 2009

Marine Day

Today is Marine Day or Ocean Day in Japan. It is a national holiday celebrated on the third Monday in July.

I did not go to any beach nor place which commands the ocean view today. What did I do today? I went to the mountain area in northern Tochigi to play tennis with my friends yesterday and came back today.

I can't remember when was the last time for me to go on an overnight trip for tennis. I'm sure it must have been more than fifteen years ago.

I enjoyed playing tennis in a country area and staying in a beautiful place.

I took following two pictures from the balcony of my hotel room.


Flowers were blooming nearby the tennis court. I don't know the name of the flower, do you?


2 comments:

Walter said...

Hello there Ray, はじめまして
it's an hibiscus.Don't they have them in Japan ?

godzilla_rabbit said...

Yes, we do. We have hibiscus in Japan.
But, the hibiscus flowers that I saw were red.

They could be hibiscus. Thanks for telling me.