Sunday, June 21, 2009

WAL*MART and Panda Express

Visiting tourist spots and eating at luxurious restaurants must be fun to most tourists. Of course they are also great fun to me.

But, sometimes I want to go to local supermarkets or franchised food shops where I buy food and drink to eat at hotel.

Do you know why?

One of the reasons is that I’m the only driver in my family while traveling. So, I can’t drink as much beer as I want when I eat at a restaurant in the States. On the other hand, I feel very relaxed drinking beer at a hotel.

Another reason is that it’s fun for me to find differences of size of food and prices comparing to those in Japanese supermarkets.

No need to say, everything is cheaper and bigger in the States than in Japan.

Who eats that big size ice cream, and how?

Melons are far far cheaper in the States than in Japan. I guess that one melon costs approximately one tenth!



I’m a fun of Panda Express fast food shop. They sell delicious foods at low prices with lovely free fortune cookies. The Fortune Cookie is a thin, crisp cookie baked around a piece of paper with words of wisdom.

1 comment:

NonAmericanLivingInUSA said...

Your question
"Who eats that big size ice cream, and how?"

I'm sure you saw a lot of fat Americans on your trip so I'm sure that should answer your question.