Sunday, March 18, 2007

A Randoseru or a school bag for primary school kids.

Most elementary school freshmen are given a new Randoseru from their parents or grandparents before starting school in Japan. Children become excited while touching it, wearing it and smelling the new leather of the bag in the end of March. They want to go to school and have new friends as soon as possible. That happened to Rina exactly six years ago.
Upper two pictures were taken six years ago and following two pictures were taken today. The Randoseru has become smaller, hasn't it? I think a Randoseru or a school bag has a special meaning to evey elementary school kid. It keeps a lot of good and painful memory in thier school age.
I don’t know when such a custom that classmates write blessing or comments on their friend’s bag has started in Japan.
What kind of memories in your elementary school days do you have?
Is everything wonderful for you?

1 comment:

Fausta said...

huwaaaa.... I think randoseru is cute. It's also nice since it looks polished nicely and made from leather, I reckon? Then is that quite expensive? Coz I believe it will cost much since it's made from leather? Here in western country I found it's expensive. I mean yeah, still affordable. =]