Saturday, December 09, 2006

Everyone has the days believing in Santa Claus.

I took this picture in December 2001. My younger daughter Rina was still six years old then. We went to the forest near Utsunomiya Museum of Art to make Christmas wreaths using tree branches and vines there.
She was excited to decorate our house door with them to welcome Santa Clause and wonderful presents.

My wife, Emi, Rina and I prepared a glass of milk and a cookie for Santa Clause on the table in the kitchen.
In the morning of Xmas day, Emi and Rina got up few hours earlier than usual, though it was still dark, and found presents near their pillows.
They ran into the kitchen and found an empty glass and a half-bitten cookie. They yelled, “Santa Claus had come. Santa Claus had come.” with joy.

Now, Emi is fourteen and Rina is eleven. They know everything. Not only kids but also parents miss, , , no, no. Parents miss the days of welcoming Santa Claus more than kids.

Rina wrote a message to Santa Claus in Japanese and put it near the window to be seen by Santa Claus placing a small gift for him beside the message.
It says,
“Dear Santa Claus,”
“I want a crocodile toy game.”
“I want to become a medical doctor in the future.”
“I give you a small present.”
“From Rina.”

4 comments:

godzilla_turtle said...

Ray:

I wanted to comment on your latest post, but for some reason it won't let me. So I will send it here. i love the Utsunomiya art museum and seeing that first picture reminded me of the Minneapolis Sculpture Gardens - there is a work by the same artist i think - at least the leaping hare looks similar. Here, check it out:

http://garden.walkerart.org/artwork.wac#head

See you on Wednesday,
Matt

godzilla_rabbit said...

Sorry Matt. I found my blog comment configuration was wrong.
I fixed it. Thanks for telling me.

Anyway. I think the leaping hare in Utsunomiya Art Museum looks exactly same as “Hare on Bell” by Barry Flanagan.

You’re right!!!

Anonymous said...

Great! If you ever make it back to Minnesota, do go to the sculpture gardens - they are so beautiful in any season. Great photo opportunities.

Cheers.

godzilla_rabbit said...

Thanks, sure do I!